Welcome to Reformed Answers!
Got a question about Christianity, the Bible or theology? Professors, pastors and theologians are here to help.
Search our database or browse our topically indexed answers to real questions people have sent us. If you can't find what you need, submit a new question and we'll put together an answer just for you. Please make sure to set your e-mail program to accept messages from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sensitive to the difference between asking a question and arguing a point. If what you really want is a lively discussion, please visit our discussion forums.
IIIM is an international ministry that receives millions of visits per year. We receive a large number of questions daily. As a courteousy to others, please limit your questions to two per day (one question with two parts counts as two questions).
Answers are organized in the following categories:
- Old Testament — Passages, theology, context, history, texts, canon, etc.
- Pentateuch — Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
- Historical Books — Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1&2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings, 1&2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther
- Poetry & Wisdom — Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Lamentations
- Prophets — Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
- New Testament — Passages, theology, context, history, texts, canon, etc.
- Gospels & Acts — Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts
- Pauline Epistles — Romans, 1&2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1&2 Thessalonians, 1&2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon
- General Epistles & Revelation — Hebrews, James, 1&2 Peter, 1&2&3 John, Jude, Revelation
- Theology — Systematic, biblical and historical doctrine
- God — Theology Proper: person, work and word of God
- Christ — Christology: person and work of Christ
- Holy Spirit — Pneumatology: person and work of the Holy Spirit
- Man — Anthropology: nature and condition of man; sin
- Salvation — Soteriology: nature, means and basis of salvation
- Last Days — Eschatology: end times, millennial views, consummation of the kingdom of God
- Church & Sacraments — Ecclesiology & Sacramentology: nature, authority and call of the church; church government; baptism; communion; worship
- Biblical Theology — Historical analysis of the teachings of Scripture
- Practical Theology — Applied doctrine and Christian living
- Pastoral Ministry — Leadership, counseling, preaching, introduction to theological studies and other training for ministry
- Apologetics — Defending the faith, Christian practice and Scripture
- Philosophy — Engaging Christian and secular ideas and worldviews
- Missions — Obligation, need, goals, methodology, reports
- Evangelism — Obligation, need, goals, methodology, reports
- Ethics — Right and wrong, good and evil, application of God's word to moral issues
- Christian Living — Prayer, devotion, finances, wisdom and other matters related to daily life
- Salt & Light — Engaging culture, social issues, art, music, politics
- Church History — Development of Christianity and the church from the first to the twenty-first centuries
- Pre-Christian — From creation to the time of Jesus
- Early Church — From inception through early ecumenical councils
- Reformation — Pre-reformation reform movements, Reformation, and continuing reform
- Modern Church — From the Enlightenment to today